Child Care Benefit (CCB)
- CCB is an income tested payment and is usually paid directly to child care services to reduce the fees that eligible families pay.
- Families claiming CCB need to have their income assessed by Centrelink.
- Note there are also residency requirements.
Child Care Rebate (CCR)
- Families will receive 50% discount (up to $7,500 per financial year) on their out of pocket costs.
- Same residency requirements as CCB.
- You and your partner (if applicable) must have work, training or study related commitments.
Applying for CCB & CCR
|my.gov.au||13 61 50|
- You must apply for CCB to get CCR.
- Request CCB & CCR to be paid directly to your child care service to reduce fees.
Note you cannot change the method of payment in a financial year once selected.
We recommend all families open a myGov account to manage Centrelink (CCB/CCR) Payments and Immunisation Statements. You will need to link Centrelink and Medicare to your myGov account.
Fee Assistance may change
The information above is accurate at the time of publication. As changes can occur we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.